Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
PTA AREAS OF FOCUS
- Student and School Success — All students should receive a world-class education that prepares them for long-term success in college and careers. PTA programs like Take Your Family to School Week, Family Reading Experience and School of Excellence empower families to be engaged in their children’s education and support their learning, which makes a difference for student success and school improvement.
- Health and Safety — Every child should have a healthy and safe place to live, learn and thrive. PTA provides tools and resources—such as our Connect for Respect initiative—that help students, parents and schools work together to create a positive school climate.
- Arts and Culture — Every child should receive a well-rounded education with access to arts and cultural opportunities. PTA celebrates and raises awareness about the importance of arts education and provides all students the opportunity to explore and be involved in the arts through our annual Reflections program.
- Advocacy — All families should be at the table and empowered to advocate for their own and every child. PTA’s policy agenda, advocacy toolkit and state and national trainings make it easy for every parent to make a difference.