Membership is the life force of this association, so starting in September, Florida PTA will host the Monthly Membership Roundup Challenge. Each month we will issue a different challenge, you’ll tell us about your success, and at the beginning of the following month, we will select a winner from all participating schools. To enter, fill out the form below. We will select an elementary, middle, and high school winner. Champions will receive digital images for use on social media, websites, newsletters, etc to share their success with their communities. Winners will also receive a special reward to share with the board, and of course, a whole lotta bragging rights! There is no limit to the number of times you can win!
This month’s challenge… Did you know that you don’t have to have a child in school to join PTA? This month, as you take on your whirlwind membership drives, we want to challenge you to increase two very special groups that we sometimes overlook: Grandparents and Community members. Here’s a few ideas to get you started!
- Write letters/emails to city council, elected officials, and school board members encouraging them to join, feel free to attach your membership form, or a link to join online!
- Attend Rotary, Optimist, Kiwanis Club or other service organization meetings and recruit their members. Chambers of Commerce are great too!
- Host a PTA table at any/every community event.
- Invite senior citizens to volunteer as reading buddies, tutors, or even just to attend the school play.
- Incorporate local community organizations and businesses into your activities and programs. Ask for donations to be used as giveaways and thank them publicly for their support.
- Provide your board members with membership envelopes and encourage them to take them to all community functions, events and businesses.