Sample Program Ideas for Local PTA Units
- Alcohol Abuse Education
- Character Building
- Curriculum Requirements
- Dangers of Drugs
- Issues Relative to Students and Youth
- Gang Awareness
- Guidance Counseling
Additional Program Ideas for Local PTA Units
- School District Presentations – Invite your Superintendent or someone from your District Office to present information.
- Law Enforcement Presentations – Invite your local Police or Sheriff’s Department to speak to the parents/students.
- Planning a Family Fun Night – Updated information coming soon.
- Starting a Health Fair – Watch for information.
- Organizing a Candidate’s Forum – PTAs are encouraged to hold candidate forums, to present information to the constituents.
Sample Program Ideas for Local Elementary PTA Units
- Ready Reader – This is a great way to spend quality one-on-one time with students. Activity is coordinated by individual classroom teachers. Training will be provided prior to the start date.
- Bedtime Stories for K and 1st Grade – Come join Mrs. Bass for bedtime stories in your pajamas. This is truly a favorite for the kids. Volunteers will be needed to help serve milk and cookies.
- Red Ribbon Week – “Say No To Drugs” is the focus of this week. Daily activities and events are planned. There will be multiple ways to get involved and help during this important week.
- Veteran’s Day Celebration – We will need volunteers to help coordinate and feed our Veterans as we celebrate their amazing contributions to our country.
- Great American Teach-In – This is a great opportunity for parents, business leaders and members of our community to share something special with our students. This day will provide parents many opportunities to help.
- Bryant Week of Caring – Broncos are always taking care of others in need, especially when it comes to making the holiday season special for others.
- Grandparent Read to Me Day – On this very special day, Grandparents are invited to come and read to their Grandchildren and fellow classmates. To show our thanks and appreciation, the PTA provides a Welcome Breakfast for them that morning. We need volunteers to help with the breakfast and also to make sure that our Grandparents find their way around campus.
- Junior Achievement – “JA empowers young people to own their economic success. The volunteer-delivered K-12 programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills that inspire kids to dream big and reach their potential. All materials and training will be provided. This is guaranteed to be a wonderful learning experience for both you and the students.”
- Teacher Appreciation Week – Join us for daily activities to thank all of our wonderful and hard-working teachers. Let’s make this the best appreciation week ever!!!
- Birthday Book Club – During the month of your child’s birthday, he/she will receive a birthday card and an invitation to participate in the (School Mascot) Birthday Book Club.