2018 FLORIDA PTA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE AGENDA (Subject to Change)
Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:30 pm at the Tallahassee Center 2nd floor, 215 W College Ave.
On Sunday only, attendees may park at the Post Office at 216 W College Ave. or in Kleman Plaza underground parking garage at 306 South Duval Street for free.
- Advocacy training
- Dinner included
Monday, January 22, 2018 8:30 am at the Tallahassee Center 2nd floor, 215 W College Ave.
On Monday, attendees may park in Kleman Plaza underground parking garage at 306 South Duval St. for approximately $6/weekday. Doors will open at 8:00 am for conference.
Guest speakers including:
- Governor’s Office
- Department of Education
- ExcelinED/Foundation for Florida’s Future
- Florida School Board Association
- Constitution Revision Committee speaker
Legislative training including:
- Legislative briefing
- What’s going on in the Constitution Revision Committee
- Leadership Advocacy update- Coalitions
Breakfast and lunch included
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2014 8:30 am at the Capitol
- Join a tour of the Capitol with one of your Florida PTA Legislative Committee members.
- Spend the day meeting with legislators and attending committee meetings.
- Enjoy Children’s Week exhibits in the Capitol and Capitol plaza courtyard. (http://childrensweek.org/)
- Debrief at the Capitol 2:00pm to 3:00pm.