2018 Florida PTA Proposed Resolutions:
2018 Florida PTA Proposed Bylaws Amendment:
2018 Florida PTA Voting Delegate(s) Procedures:
To run for an elected officer position from the floor, please see below. The deadline to submit this information is June 12, 2018 at 5 PM.
- Each officer shall be a member of a local PTA chartered by the Florida PTA.
- No person shall hold more than one state office at any time and no officer may be eligible for two consecutive terms in the same office.
- A person who has served in an office for more than one half of a full term shall be deemed to have served a full term in such office.
- No officer shall be eligible for any other office except that of President-Elect, Vice President for Leadership Development, or Vice President for Regions and Councils until the expiration of one organizational year.
- No person is eligible for office who has not served at least one term as Region Representative, Council President or Standing Committee Chair on the Board of Directors of the Florida PTA by the time of election.
- A minimum of 30 days notice (on or before June 12, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EDT) will be given from date of convention.
- Written notification must be sent to the President (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nominating Committee Chair (email@example.com) and Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). Such nomination must have the signature of at least five Florida PTA unit members.
- Letter of Intent Application Package must be submitted by June 12, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EDT to the Nominating Committee Chair for presentation at Convention. You can start the process by clicking here.
- Until such time that a nomination is made from the floor, NO campaign material of any type can be distributed at any time prior to the close of the business meeting at which the nomination has been made from the floor. Campaign material shall be limited to a one page 8.5″ X 11″ sheet.
2018 Leadership Convention At-A-Glance (Schedule Subject to Change)
Thursday, July 12, 2018 – All in Inverness
4-8:30pm: Registration/ Check-in
6-8:30pm: County Council welcome tables in the Inverness alcove
6-8:30pm: Scholarship Basket sales
6-9pm: Exhibitor Preview Party, cash bar, complimentary desserts
Friday, July 13, 2018
7-7:30am: Ready, Set. Go – video workshop “What To Expect”
7-3pm: Registration/ Check-in, Inverness
7:30-8:45am: Diversity & Inclusion Awards Breakfast, Edinburgh West (ticketed event)
8-5pm: Reflections Gallery open, Edinburgh lobby
9-9:30am: Region Caucuses, Edinburgh
9:30-11am: Exhibitor Hall open – Inverness
9:30-11am: Programs Showcase – Inverness
9:30-1pm: Sunshine State PTSA Table, Resolutions and Diversity & Inclusion table open, Stirling lobby
9:45-10:45am: Workshop 1, Stirling/Edinburgh
11-12pm: Workshop 2, Stirling/Edinburgh
12-3pm: Inverness (unless noted) –
Exhibitor Hall open
Health & Wellness Fair
12-1:30pm: Boxed lunch
2-3pm: Networking hour
2:30pm: Vendor basket give away in Inverness (may be Friday night)
3:30pm-5:30pm: General Meeting 1, Stirling
5:45-7:45pm: Meet & Greet (Free)
Membership Card pick-up
7pm: Possible Vendor Basket give away
7:30pm-??? County Council Gatherings, please see council president or onsite bulletin board for specific details and locations.
Saturday, July 14, 2018
7:45-12pm: Registration/Check in (moves to Stirling after noon)
(Polls open 7:45-1:45pm if necessary)
8-5pm: Reflections Gallery (Edinburgh)
8-12pm: Exhibitor Hall
8-12pm: Scholarship Baskets
8:30-12pm: SS PTSA Table, Resolutions and Diversity & Inclusion table open, Stirling lobby
8:30-9:45am: Workshop 3, Stirling/Edinburgh
9-12pm: Membership Card Pick up (Inverness)
10-11:15am: Workshop 4, Stirling/Edinburgh
11:15-12:15pm: Networking Hour
12:15-1:45pm: FL PTA Awards Luncheon (Edinburgh) (Ticketed event)
2-3:15pm: Workshop 5, Stirling/Edinburgh
3:30pm-????: General Meeting 2
7:30-10:30pm: PTA’s Got Talent, Edinburgh (Ticketed event)
Sunday, July 15, 2018
9:30-10:45am: Workshop 6, Q & A Sessions
11am-????: General Meeting 3